My fella and I have recently chosen to cohabitate (my cat needed a father figure in her life). We decided to have a holiday party to celebrate. The house was cleaned and readied…but much like Cinderella before the ball, I had nothing to wear. Luckily, I had something that I knew would do the trick.
Of course as-is, this couldn’t rock a lemonade social at a nursing home, let alone a holiday party.
First off, I snipped off one of the shoulder pads.
Yep…just one pad. There was no need to bother with the other one, because I was about to massacre this dress.
The length just got shorter, and the neckline just got a whole helluva lot more exciting. Time to finish the job.
One the hem was sewn, I needed to finish the raw edge at the top of the dress. First I turned the edge under twice, about 1/2 inch all around.
I ran the top of the dress through my machine. I tried it on and pinned it at the top on my right side where I would need to take it in a bit to make it fit. After a quick sew, I was done! I quickly pressed my new hems, and threw my new dress on just in time to greet my first guests! :)