Well lookie at this!
I’ve got a big solo-pocketed muu muu! It’s comfy (once you give up your sense of dignity), but I can’t go out looking like this!
First off, I cut a bit off the bottom. This will be my sash later.
Then, I pinned the muu muu at the bust, waist, and hips where it would fit me. I used my sewing gauge to make sure each side was even.
I ran it through my machine, even the sleeves.
I chopped of the excess material from each side. I was sad to see that solo pocket go, but was consoled by how nicely this dress was turning out. :)
Now for that raw edge on the bottom! I pinned my new hem under and ran it under the needle.
Remember that scrap I hacked off the bottom originally? I gave it a new life as the sash for my sweet new dress. I folded it over once, inside out, and pinned it.
Then I sewed it up!
I trimmed off the excess fabric, turned my tube ‘o fabric inside out, and sewed the ends closed.
And that’s it! I was all done and had an adorable dress to go hit up some art events in. :)
Check out my new ‘do! I just got it trimmed for the first time since I shaved it several months ago for the St. Baldrick’s Foundation (to raise money for childhood cancer research). Now I no longer look like the 5th Beatle! :)
I headed out to check out some fun art events downtown, including an exhibition featuring my very talented boss, Clay Burnette. He makes amazing pine straw baskets, jewelery, and hand-woven scarves.