When I saw this in a window, I just had to have it!
If you look through my earlier Year 1 posts, you’ll notice my very odd curtains that I loved at the store, but grew to hate as the months dragged on. I tried giving them away to friends, and no one wanted them.
I took a bit of inspiration from these ladies!
I took a very simple dress from my closet that fits me perfectly to use as a template. I drew an outline of the dress on the curtain for the front and the back in chalk. I made my outline slightly bigger than the original dress for a seam allowance.
Then, I cut out my outlines.
I began pinning the sides together…and had second thoughts about the top of the dress.
If I tried to duplicate the top of the original dress, it wouldn’t work. The curtain fabric wasn’t nearly as stretchy as the original dress, and since I wasn’t putting in a zipper, I wouldn’t be able to get into the dress.
No worries! I came up with a better idea for the neckline. :)
I cut a long section to use as a sash for a halter neck. I sewed it into a tube and finished the edges.
I have to say, I’m quite pleased with the results!
I wore my new dress to visit the ‘rents for the weekend. :)
After spending the day with my folks, Fella and I met up with a couple of friends for tasty desserts and wine.
Cheers, Friends! I hope you’re all having a wonderful weekend! :)
And Wow! I’ve made it through the first month of my Year-Long challenge! Sweet!