Wow. This was a rough one! :/
Remember how I made two tie dye tees on Day 39?
I thought I’d have fun with the extra one and use a bleach pen to make a fun giveaway gift! Seems nice, right?
I got the idea from this kid craft website. It featured this photo:
This kid has to be what…like seven? “Oh hells yeah…I can do this!” I said to myself.
My project began well enough…
As the bleach began to work, it looked like this:
The instructions on the kid dream-crushing website told me this would take about 2 hours to be done. “Perfect!” I thought to myself, “I’ll go to my yoga class, and wash it when I get back!”
When I got back home, the tee looked more like this:
Pretty awful, isn’t it? It looks like a ghostie decided to haunt a hypercolor shirt or something!
I should have given up then and there, but Fella suggested I fill in the letters in the bleach spots somehow.
I grabbed my painting stash from my Tortured Artist days, and got to work.
I actually thought this looked good while I was doing it.
The tee looked terrrrrible! It looked like something I might have made at summer camp when I was five! That stupid blonde kid lied…with his happy sun and his “Heck yeah…I made this shirt…didn’t even have to try.” look on his face! Grrrrr….
I began cutting strips. I ended up cutting 4 strips and twisting them together in 2s.
Now, I have a cute teal bracelet…and plenty of Tshirt fabric left over to make more!
Whew! So that was majorly non-fun. :( Screwing up a project sucks, but hey…those screw-ups can lead to entirely different projects that’ll turn out just swell! :)