I found today’s top at the Dollar a Pound Goodwill clearance center, languishing in a huge bin of castaways.
I thought the print was great, but other than that, it was pretty shapeless and blah. :/
I made a couple quick snips.
Then, I turned it around to make the button-up back into a V-neck front.
The new neck was a definite improvement. But this top needed a bit more character. I decided to rouche the sides. To do this, I sewed a straight line about 3″ up the bottom side seams. Then, I pulled on the lower thread to gather the fabric, like so:
Next, I took each sleeve and tacked them 3″ under at the top.
Now that frumpy top is looking muuuuuch better! :)