Today I made out like a bandit at my local Goodwill! I found seven awesome refashionables on the 50 cent rack! $3.50 for a week’s worth of clothing? Yes, please! :)
I especially liked this dress in its lovely purple hue.
Okay…this dress is obviously not going to fit me as is, but I have a quick no-sew fix for it!
I took the two side seams and pinned them in the back, hiding the safety pin in the fold.
This actually looks really pretty in the back, and gives the dress a nice drape. :)
The only other issue I had with this dress was those sleeves. I love how big they are, but that stretched-out elastic wasn’t gonna work. I carefully snipped out the elastic and pressed each sleeve. I kept my iron on a pretty low setting so as not to burn any holes in the delicate (and very acrylic) fabric.
Now that terrible frumpy frock is looking much better! It kind of reminds me of a few dress styles from the 1930’s. :)
I wore my dress for a day of erranding, and still managed to find the time to whip up a batch of Peanut Butter Brownies for Fella to take to his rehearsal to share with the rest of the Art Bar Players!