Day 340: Hip Chicks do T-shirt Skirts!

Day 341: I dip, you dip, we dip! Dress
Day 339: Miss Fix It Dress

I agree wholeheartedly with this T-shirt!  :)

I concur! :)

Hip chicks most certainly do do wine.  :)  However, this hip chick doesn’t do ill-fitting T-shirts!  I could have just taken it in to make it more fitted, but I really didn’t feel like wearing a tee today.

It’s skirt city for this one!  :)  I snipped off the collar of the tee oh-so-carefully!

Snippity Snip!

Then I pinned the sides in a bit.

Just like this!

I stitched each side down…

Whirrrr!

…and cut off the excess fabric (including the sleeves).

Laters!

Now that blah tee is a cute & sexy skirt!

This Hip Chick is currently doing a nice Chardonnay! :)

Oh…and check out the back!  :)

In case you didn’t get the message the first time! ;)

Day 341: I dip, you dip, we dip! Dress
Day 339: Miss Fix It Dress

11 Comments on Day 340: Hip Chicks do T-shirt Skirts!

1. Skot Garrick
    June 7, 2012 at 9:26 am (2 years ago)

It’s like a removable tramp stamp! Very sexy.

2. Bat Ma'am
    June 7, 2012 at 4:16 pm (2 years ago)

Haha I need that shirt! And some wine….. ;)

Did you do any thing to the top? I’ve made 2 of these, the first I wore exactly like this for awhile, then added a thin band and drawstring. The second one I used an elastic band.
    I also just added ruffles to both, I wear them A LOT, my fave things I’ve made so far :)

3. Zeb Walter
    June 10, 2012 at 1:18 am (2 years ago)

For anyone interested Hip Chicks Do Wine is a Portland, OR based women owned wine store. They are super involved in the whole community and also do a special wine every year for gay pride. For more information check out http://www.hipchicksdowine.com/cms/home.html

• Bat Ma'am
      June 29, 2012 at 3:54 pm (2 years ago)

How cool that you guys found this post with your wine being unknowingly advertised! I’m in the PNW (Seattle area) so I’ll totally be checking that out :)

• Lindy
      June 29, 2012 at 9:28 pm (2 years ago)

Hip Chicks also has a tasting room in Newberg, OR…it’s about 10 miles from where we live and their wine is GREAT! So cool to stumble across a local place randomly on a blog like that!

4. Juli
    June 11, 2012 at 11:46 am (2 years ago)

When you hem items, do you just measure, say 2 inches up from the existing hem? Or do you see how it hangs on the dress form or on you and pin it that way? I find the second method difficult to do well, but the first method sometimes gives less than desirable results.

June 11, 2012 at 1:02 pm (2 years ago)

I put the dress on me after I’ve taken it in, and put a safety pin where I want it to fall. I allow a couple of extra inches for a seam allowance. :)

5. Laurie, Owner & Winemaker of Hip Chicks do Wine
    June 14, 2012 at 12:43 am (2 years ago)

Hey! This is one of the Hip Chicks of Hip Chicks do Wine! Way to be resourceful and take a plain ole Tee and turn it into a hot sexy skirt! Now if only you had some of our wine to drink while wearing it! We especially love all of our hip chick fans who have sent us a link to your page! That’s some real love.

6. Wine Goddess
    June 14, 2012 at 12:46 am (2 years ago)

Hey this is the Winegoddess of Hip Chicks do Wine, one of the owners and winemakers. We love how you took a plain ole tee and repurposed it into a sexy cute skirt! We especially love all of our hip chick fans who have sent us links to your post. Now, if only you had some Hip Chick wine in this picture…..

June 14, 2012 at 6:22 am (2 years ago)

I LOVE how I’m finding out the story behind this tee! :) I wish we had a Hip Chick store here in Columbia, SC! It sounds so awesome! :)

7. Heather
    June 28, 2012 at 12:53 pm (2 years ago)

I’m from Portland and I laughed the second I saw the HipChicks logo! I’m like, wait! That’s a really awesome wine!