After an all-nighter spent getting my new digs cleaned up/set up, I was in no mood to deal with this blah blah BLAH frock! :(
Alas! Deal with it I must (It’s kinda the whole point of this blog, in case you haven’t noticed)!
Not only was this dress realllly unattractive, it had another little problem!
I have some interesting plans for this one, folks! First I trimmed off that bottom hem detail and put it aside.
This dress was too big for me, so I got to work taking it in.
Then, I took a bit more length from the bottom…
…and gave my dress a new hem!
Okay, so now my dress was taken in and hiked up, but still boring as could be!
I reached for a box o’ dye…
I made a dye bath on my stove, and submerged most of the bottom half of the dress in it.
I left the dress in its bath for about 40 minutes. I gave it a good rinse & dry, and was almost done! :)
I carefully trimmed the fabric from that crocheted section I removed from the dress, and sewed the crocheted sections end to end to make a sash!
Then, I fixed that little hole. :)
Check out that boring dress now! :)
I wore my new dress for an after-work brewski…
…then got home and flopped my exhausted self into bed! :)