Day 358: Anita Dress

Day 359: Scrap-Busting Dress
Day 357: Grown Up Enough Top

Today’s dress comes all the way from Saudi Arabia!  Anita bought it from a second-hand bazaar with the intention of refashioning it for herself, and then decided that those ruffles just weren’t for her.

Ruffles Galore! :)

I was actually pretty stoked about this one, folks!  I love the ruffles and that bright red hue! :)

This dress still needed a bit of work though.  First, I trimmed off those sleeves.

Snnnnip!

Then, I pinned each side to get it more fitted.

Shaping up!

I ran each side through my machine.

Whirrrrrr!!!!

I used one of the leftover scraps from the sides as a sash to break up the lines of the ruffles a bit.

And I must say…I love it!  :)

Lady in Red!

I heart these ruffles! :)

Cheers!  And Much Thanks to Anita for sending me this fabu frock!  :)

Day 359: Scrap-Busting Dress
Day 357: Grown Up Enough Top

15 Comments on Day 358: Anita Dress

1. Millie
    June 24, 2012 at 11:07 pm (2 years ago)

That’s adorable!

2. theproverbswoman
    June 24, 2012 at 11:14 pm (2 years ago)

So, I came across a link to your blog from a pin on Pinterest…. I have spent the last two days reading every blog post all the way back to day 8 (it just stopped there for some reason). (I’m not a total slacker…. took the week off for a staycation). I’m really impressed!! I love(d) your ideas and my all time favorite was the t-shirts into shopping bags! What a groovy idea! (Yes, I did just use groovy in a sentence.) I am a HUGE thrifter…. since I live in good ol’ Alabama, one of my absolute favorite places to shop is America’s Thrift Stores (was once Alabama thrift, but apparently they are going nationwide). Anyway, you have inspired me to no end… I’m a seamstress too, and I love, love your ideas! Oh, and your sashes rock! :)

3. tilacata
    June 24, 2012 at 11:15 pm (2 years ago)

I just bought a dress like this for a friend of mine, but it’s more pleats, than ruffle…..VERY cute!

4. Carolyn
    June 25, 2012 at 12:09 am (2 years ago)

Very pretty.

5. NorthernStar
    June 25, 2012 at 4:16 am (2 years ago)

That’s really beautiful! Result!

6. Anita
    June 25, 2012 at 11:31 am (2 years ago)

I never would have thought to do that with the neckline. It’s cute now!

7. Chica Andaluza
    June 25, 2012 at 3:30 pm (2 years ago)

That looks incredible – you are so clever at seeing the potential in some of these dresses that start out as real horrors!

8. racy
    June 27, 2012 at 7:56 pm (2 years ago)

Red is a great color on you :)

9. Ms. Attitude
    June 28, 2012 at 12:20 pm (2 years ago)

I saw a link on Pinterest and thought that the name of your blog was enough to interest me and I must say, I am not disappointed at all! This project of yours is amazing and I feel a little inspired now to try some of your techiniques for myself. Thanks! I can’t wait to see what else you can do.

PS–I am adding you to my blog roll so that my readers can see you too!

10. michelle
    June 28, 2012 at 2:56 pm (2 years ago)

This “lady in red” dress is SUPER cute – how great and creative are you!?! I could never do anything like this, but I’m impressed by those who do. Just wanted to say I found your site through Pinterest and I think what you do is really cool! Keep up the awesome work!

11. stephanie
    April 17, 2013 at 3:15 pm (2 years ago)

love you and this idea. but what the heck do you do that you are out drinking every night??? cause thats what i need to be doing!!

12. Ashlee
    April 22, 2013 at 5:13 pm (2 years ago)

That looks beautiful, it looks like something you would see at Sak’s, so chic!

13. Tiffany
    July 8, 2013 at 4:25 pm (1 year ago)

Haha! I’ve been doing the SAME THING! :)

14. rbt55
    October 10, 2014 at 6:22 am (3 weeks ago)

I love your style. You have an uncanny eye that is inspiring.