Day 363: All the Angles Dress

Day 364: All Tied Up Top
Day 362: Mairi Shrug

When I found today’s dress at one of my fave $1 thrift stores,  I was stoked!  Check out the amazeballs print!  :)

The shoulder pads are slightly less than amazeballs,

You’re looking at a totally 80’s shoulderpadded number that desperately needs a facelift!  Time for a Nip/Tuck!

First, I made a big chop!

Nip!

Then, I took in the whole thing about 2″ on each side.

Pin, then Sew! :)

After cutting off the excess material, I folded the top raw edge over twice and stitched it down, leaving about a 1″ gap.  This is where I’m going to insert some elastic.

Tuck!

After digging through my stash, I realized I was all out of elastic!  Ugh!  And I was soooo not in the mood to make a last-minute craft store run!  :/

Then I remembered this leftover scrap from Day 315!

You shall be sacrificed!

I cut off the elastic waistband…

Why didn’t I think of this before????

I threaded the elastic through the dress’ new casing…

Thread it!

Then, I stitched the two ends together, as well as the 1″ gap I left to insert the elastic through.

Closing up shop!

Now that dress is ready for a fun night of Karaoke with friends!   :)

From Sad to Sassy! :)

My shoes are pretty sweet, too! ;)

The PBR tall boy in her hair really ties the whole look together! ;)

Hey, LA! :)

I would love to say that my dress was the most stylish thing I saw tonight, but this simply wouldn’t be true.

This hat beats a cute dress any day! :)

It really completes my ensemble! :)

Squids are so hot right now!

The right accessories make a difference, y’all! :)

Day 364: All Tied Up Top
Day 362: Mairi Shrug

21 Comments on Day 363: All the Angles Dress

1. NorthernStar
    June 29, 2012 at 10:20 am (2 years ago)

That really should not have worked out so well! Fabulous as always. Two more entries to go, Jillian. WIll you please continue after that!?

2. Chica Andaluza
    June 29, 2012 at 10:21 am (2 years ago)

You look gorgeous – with and without the hat!

3. Nana Diana
    June 29, 2012 at 10:42 am (2 years ago)

You are too, too funny! Love the dress-what a funky redo-xo Dana

4. BeingZhenya
    June 29, 2012 at 10:52 am (2 years ago)

You are so amazing with your refashions, I noticed the 2nd year of your project is almost over! Are you going to keep posting? I really hope so! And you inspire me to refashion and redesign items too! I don’t have as many as you, but I’d love to hear your feed back on some of them :) http://beingzhenya.wordpress.com/category/hand-made/
    xo,
    Zhenya

5. Heatherm27
    June 29, 2012 at 12:55 pm (2 years ago)

Everything looks good on you! Love the shoes. Please don’t let this be the end!

6. Dandialfeld
    June 29, 2012 at 1:41 pm (2 years ago)

I just started reading your blog started at the beginning… and whipped through them all to this point in 2 days… very impressive… and I find myself intrigued by the story that you are living along the way… sad there are only 2 more days left! hope your story has its happy ending….

7. Amy C
    June 29, 2012 at 3:19 pm (2 years ago)

Love it! And the shoes are gorgeous. I’m with the others, please don’t go. We love you!

8. Elizabeth
    June 29, 2012 at 3:21 pm (2 years ago)

I was just introduced to your blog through my sister-in-law! You are so amazing! I am devastated though that you are on day. 363. :’-(

9. Bat Ma'am
    June 29, 2012 at 3:47 pm (2 years ago)

What’s all this leaving talk??? I’m too obsessed with your projects, keep inspiring us, we need you!!

Those mustache glasses are FANTASTIC, I think I can pull off making some xD

And the squid hat. I’m a sucker for Adult Swim, it reminds me of Squidbillies xD

10. laurajean04
    June 29, 2012 at 11:14 pm (2 years ago)

I just stumbled across your blog today on pinterest and I am blown away by your creativity! I can’t believe you’ve done a new article every day for a year; you are an inspiration!!

11. poloshirt
    June 30, 2012 at 2:25 am (2 years ago)

This is really a great dress. Yo are looking too beautiful in that dress. Please show some more post like that really loving it to be continued.

12. Jenni
    June 30, 2012 at 10:40 am (2 years ago)

I am so sad that you are nearing the end of your year of daily blogging! I have enjoyed reading all your posts :)

13. jinglesmar
    June 30, 2012 at 11:21 pm (2 years ago)

You are truly an inspiration to us all!! w00t!!

14. Tricia DiSandro
    July 1, 2012 at 10:32 am (2 years ago)

Clearly, I am hanging out with the wrong crowd.

15. Virdena
    July 6, 2012 at 8:57 pm (2 years ago)

Your truly amazing!!! Your creative eye is something else.

16. LaTashaj
    July 16, 2012 at 12:07 pm (2 years ago)

one of my faves by you

17. jasperizer
    March 2, 2013 at 6:28 am (2 years ago)

I love what you’ve done with it. The print is really fun and I think it would work any way you played with it.

18. hawaiiangeisha
    June 6, 2013 at 3:08 pm (1 year ago)

Squid-tastic !

19. Pam
    April 17, 2014 at 2:46 pm (5 months ago)

very cute.

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Day 363: All the Angles Dress

1. [...] a new life.  There are so many different up-cycling blogs like, jembellish.blogspot.com and refashionista.net that can really give you ideas on how to revamp your [...]