ReFashionista on Good Afternoon America!

As most of you know by now, last Thursday I made an appearance on Good Afternoon America!

For those of you who missed the show or just have a hankering to watch me again, here ya go!

This was SUCH a fun experience!  The producers and staff were all delightful to work with, and they made it super-easy to make this refash happen (A special shoutout to Tracey!).

Here are some fun behind-the scenes pics!  Thanks to Larry for taking them!

After a repeatedly delayed flight Wednesday night, I barely got any sleep!  I was soooo excited!  :)  I had to be ready to go at 8am!

On my way to the hotel lobby to meet a GAA producer! Eeep!

After talking with Tracey, a really nice producer for the show, we walked across the street to the studio.  I was immediately whisked away to get prettified!

Time for Hair & Makeup! :)

I want to take both of those ladies home with me.  Jus’ sayin’.   ;)

Oooh La La!!!

I feel pretty! Oh so pretty! :D

After getting all gussied up, I was taken outside to pick the refashion that I would be given exactly ONE HOUR to complete live on the show!

Hmmmmnnnn…Do we have a winner?

I mean…I dunno about this one, folks!

Let’s take a closer look!

Don’t be distressed! I can help! :)

Several other audience members brought items they wanted to have refashioned, but this 80′s-tastic jacket needed me!  I couldn’t turn it away!

I rushed back inside to get my sewing area set up.  I realllllly hoped I hadn’t forgotten anything!

Hot Threading Action!

All ready!

Once again, I had exactly an hour to transform this jacket into something that would (hopefully) wow the audience, and my friends at home!

The timer began!

I began chopping…

Chopping right under the sleeves!

…and sewing!

Whirrrrr!!!!

This dude seemed particularly interested in my work.

No Pressure!

I did a bit of fitting…

Unpick that seam! :)

Time was running out!  I finished my stitchery and gave everything a good press!

All press is good press! ;)

And just like that, I was done!  :)

I was hurried off to the set, where I had a blast sharing my refashions with Lara and Josh.  They happen to be GIGANTIC, by the way!  :)

I promise, I’m average height!

Seriously…I’m 5’4″.

…And Lara is wearing some rather high heels. :/

Scrawny or no, I must admit I’m pretty darn happy with how Kate’s top turned out!  :)

The Big Reveal!!!!!

Showing off that sexy back! :)

I had such a blast on this show!  Everyone was simply amazing to work with, and I hope I get the chance to do another refashion challenge like this soon!  :)

Such a fun time! :)

So…if you want me to be on your show, just lemme know!  :)

I’ll be waiting for your call! ;)

style=”display:inline-block;width:336px;height:280px”
data-ad-client=”ca-pub-5202441266816777″
data-ad-slot=”9369005640″>

54 Comments on ReFashionista on Good Afternoon America!

1. jinglesmar
    August 6, 2012 at 6:44 pm (2 years ago)

Woot!!! You rock, Lady!! What a great refash!!

2. Jeff
    August 6, 2012 at 6:53 pm (2 years ago)

So awesome! That is fantastic Jillian!

3. Victoria S Andrews
    August 6, 2012 at 7:19 pm (2 years ago)

I taped the show and watched it with my husband and we both thought you were fantastic on tv and very tiny!! Haha. I’m 5’2″ and you looked so small. Hope you get a regular segment on a show or a show of your own. Maybe DIY. Here’s hoping for more!!!

4. Val
    August 6, 2012 at 7:53 pm (2 years ago)

What an awesome opportunity for you. I have enjoyed your blog. It will be fun to see what your next gig will be!

5. Nana Diana
    August 6, 2012 at 8:12 pm (2 years ago)

Congratulations! Great job and YOU LOOKED GREAT!!!! xo Diana

6. pillowsalamode
    August 6, 2012 at 8:42 pm (2 years ago)

Woo-hoo! CONGRATULATIONS! That is just amazing. You rock!!! :)

7. mysteriousartist
    August 6, 2012 at 8:43 pm (2 years ago)

Awesome!! Your make up looked amazing too!!

8. Lindsay
    August 6, 2012 at 9:02 pm (2 years ago)

Awesome!!!! You go girl! I hope they did a shout out for your blog because its marvelous!

9. Susan
    August 6, 2012 at 11:02 pm (2 years ago)

Jillian, I loved watching the clip AND seeing your pictures. You did an amazing job on that jacket-now-gorgeous top. And you were so calm and professional on camera. I had to laugh that you let us know that you’re 5’4″ (which is taller than I am) because I did wonder how tall you are when watching the clip and seeing you next to Gulliver and Ms. Gulliver.

10. Candice
    August 6, 2012 at 11:20 pm (2 years ago)

Loved it! You’re super talented OMG!

11. jennbecca
    August 6, 2012 at 11:39 pm (2 years ago)

Yes! Loved it all too! You do the best refashions and have the most creative ideas! Cannot wait to see what you do next! (so, can you throw in another refash post soon? I miss the daily refashions) :) Your amazing!

12. Melodi
    August 7, 2012 at 3:24 am (2 years ago)

1. You are so adorbs and TINY. I love you!

2. Congratulations! You totally deserve the recognition because what you do is absolutely amazing! Praying for year 3!!

13. mercedes
    August 7, 2012 at 4:00 am (2 years ago)

Oh, it was great to see you on youtube !! If not I couldn’t have seen you from Spain…. You’ve been fantastic and so stylish (like always) !!! I also liked to hear you speaking and moving around.

14. Lindsay
    August 7, 2012 at 7:50 am (2 years ago)

I don’t know how you do it in such a short time frame! You impress me. Congrats on the opportunity.

domesticatedworkingwoman.blogspot.com

15. mollie d
    August 7, 2012 at 9:47 am (2 years ago)

Nice work dear! You looked amazing too!

16. Sherry
    August 7, 2012 at 10:33 am (2 years ago)

Congrats, Jillian! What a blast!

17. Laura
    August 7, 2012 at 11:17 am (2 years ago)

Missed it live…thanks for sharing, glad I got a chance to see it. It’s time someone put you on as a regular segment to a show…..or better yet give you your own show :o)
    Why not do a Youtube blog?!?!

18. Cocolive
    August 7, 2012 at 11:33 am (2 years ago)

I just discovered your blog. It’s great. Congratulations to you for all these ideas.

19. Katherine S.
    August 7, 2012 at 12:52 pm (2 years ago)

Jillian, you are amazing and so talented with the sewing machine. Your creativity is awesome to watch but your screen presence blew me away. Keep up your ART and good luck in all you do. I found you a few months ago and waited anxiously for the next refashion you produced.

20. racy
    August 7, 2012 at 1:03 pm (2 years ago)

haha i live in NY and you can see how much tv I want because I didn’t even know that show existed lol watched you though, and you did great! I was wondering, why didn’t they mention that the dress you had on was also a refashion and show the before pic? that’s one of my faves you’ve done :)

21. reneespear401
    August 7, 2012 at 1:18 pm (2 years ago)

Jillian, very smooth and professional!

22. Kelli
    August 7, 2012 at 1:32 pm (2 years ago)

Hello from Great Britain!
    I just want to say I love your blog & I was desperately searching for a clip on You Tube of you on GAA.
    I hope you get your own show that will air in the UK!

23. Jazz
    August 7, 2012 at 1:49 pm (2 years ago)

I’ve been reading your blog for just about a year now. I must admit that every once in a while your refashions just make me mad. Sometimes I can’t help but think “Damnit that’s so @(%$* easy why I just be clever like this girl and figure that out!” You inspire me and I think you’re great! Congratulations on your TV debut, you did awesome!! I look forward to your future posts.

24. Selana
    August 7, 2012 at 2:05 pm (2 years ago)

so great…

since I started to read your blog, I look at clothes in a whole new way – bought some things on sale that I would have passed up on before, but with a few minor tweaks they now are my favourite sun dresses. Thanks for inspiring me

25. Kelly
    August 7, 2012 at 6:24 pm (2 years ago)

You were GREAT! I think you should have a regular segment on somebody’s show — it’s just too much fun! :)

26. debbielynne
    August 7, 2012 at 8:48 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks for posting! I missed it live, but made my husband watch it to fill me in. You looked beautiful. Hope you had a fun time again in the city.

27. Dawn Miklich (@petproductrevue)
    August 7, 2012 at 9:44 pm (2 years ago)

Awesome segment!! You did a great job and you could tell everyone loved it. After reading your blog, you have me thinking about how I can do a little refashioning.

28. bahia
    August 7, 2012 at 10:23 pm (2 years ago)

Fantastic job on the show! I’m always so inspired by your work.

I have to say that your voice wasn’t how I expected. You’re such a small woman (especially next to those Amazons) that I thought your voice would be higher pitched. Not that it’s a bad thing – you sounded great on the show and handled yourself with such poise!

29. Paula
    August 8, 2012 at 9:03 pm (2 years ago)

Yay!! So happy for you and your television debut! That was a great refashioned, by the way!! You did great on the show!!

30. Millie
    August 8, 2012 at 11:01 pm (2 years ago)

Excellent, you are a genius! Love your makeup too.

31. Purpletiger
    August 9, 2012 at 5:46 am (2 years ago)

Congrats Jillian! What an awesome segment! You did incredible well on TV. :) Really should think about doing a video blog at some point – it would be awesome! You looked fantastic btw.
    Here’s hoping this has gotten you lots more publicity and one day you can do this and get paid! :)
    Was so weird hearing your voice though – it was not at all how I imagined you sounded LOL.

August 9, 2012 at 9:43 am (2 years ago)

Thanks! Haha…I hate the sound of my recorded voice. I don’t know why anyone ever talks to me! ;)

• sonya
        August 11, 2012 at 8:31 pm (2 years ago)

You have nothing to worry about you have a lovely voice to go along with lovelyness of the rest of you. You are a beautiful person inside and out. Congrats on the show and I hope it brings you all the success you could every want. I love your blog and I hope you never stop refashioning, I’m looking forward to the next one. ;)

32. Sara
    August 9, 2012 at 3:31 pm (2 years ago)

Congratulations! We’ve never met but I feel proud of you like a friend after reading your blog for so long. You did a great job and look fantastic!

• Gabbie
      August 10, 2012 at 3:25 am (2 years ago)

Yes, I agree! :-)

33. Kerry Lea Higginbotham
    August 9, 2012 at 11:26 pm (2 years ago)

GREAT REFASHION!!! Thanks for sharing the pics! The ReFashionista needs her own show!!!!!

34. Aundraya
    August 9, 2012 at 11:42 pm (2 years ago)

I’m thinking Project Runway should be calling you for next season. Or maybe you could do your own show. “Extreme Makeover Clothes Edition”! Congrats on the big opportunity! You were fabulous!

35. Amy C
    August 10, 2012 at 12:37 pm (2 years ago)

I loved watching your segment! You were wonderful. I really would love to see you get your own show. Go for it with your fabulous self. You have the gift of making a mess into something great. I too thought wow she is really tiny! I am 5′ 4″ to!

36. Becky Henderson
    August 10, 2012 at 5:03 pm (2 years ago)

You did a wonderful job! You definitely need a show! :) PS They DO look freakishly tall!

37. aikifox85
    August 12, 2012 at 12:24 pm (2 years ago)

I love what you are doing and you have such talent! I wonder, when you re-fashion clothing, do you only use yourself as a model? How would you refashion clothing for bigger women?

August 14, 2012 at 11:07 am (2 years ago)

Thank you so much! Yep…I pretty much just make things for myself. The only issue a bigger woman would encounter is that more things would be too small for them. I have yet to successfully make something that is too small actually look good when resized, but that’s just a lack of skill on my part.

38. Sherry Wall
    August 12, 2012 at 3:55 pm (2 years ago)

Ok I have seen all your refashions and love your creativity. I had a thought today and decided to share it with you. We have a couple pairs of coolocks ‘pirate pants’. They make the perfect fast no sew refashion. Just shimmy thru one leg, using the waiste for the neck use the other leg as a sleeve…. I cant wait to see more work from you

39. Jenni
    August 15, 2012 at 8:27 am (2 years ago)

That’s AMAZING!
    I have been reading your blog for a long time now and I am always impressed with your work. Congratulations on making it on TV! :)

40. Melwyk
    August 16, 2012 at 12:20 am (2 years ago)

Congrats and great showing! It is so wonderful seeing you get the attention you deserve as such a creative and inspirational refashonista :)

41. Angelia
    August 16, 2012 at 10:04 am (2 years ago)

Re-Fashionista,,,, OH,,, Re-Fashionista…. Where are you? Maybe your busy-busy at work again? Maybe on a fabu vacation? Or maybe a new fella?!? I dunno, but one thing is for sure, and I think I can speak for others too, we sure are missing the great re-fashions. Hope you are well and post again soon!

42. Katie Ryan Margadonna
    August 17, 2012 at 9:45 am (2 years ago)

Were you in downtown Greenville this past Sunday (the 12th)? I swear, I kept looking at this girl & thinking “why does she look so familiar?!” and then it dawned on me that it was you! If it wasn’t you, you have a twin in Greenville :)

August 17, 2012 at 10:27 am (2 years ago)

Yep! Wow! I’ve been spotted!!!! ;)

43. Katie Ryan Margadonna
    August 17, 2012 at 10:40 am (2 years ago)

Really?! That is too funny! I was racking my brain trying to figure out how I “knew you”. Glad I figured it out :) Sorry to sound stalker-ish! haha I promise I’m not!

44. kierstyn'scupcakes&more
    August 21, 2012 at 12:10 am (2 years ago)

LOVED watching the show segment on YouTube! You are truly amazing at what you do and you totally inspire me!

45. Michelle
    April 5, 2013 at 8:39 pm (1 year ago)

Her shirt gave no justice to her boobs! D: But you did your best! Good job!