Merry Christmas Eve!

Merry Christmas Eve, everybody!  :)  I hope your holiday season has been awesome and spent with the people you love the most!

I was in a festive mood when I picked out this happy red frock:

It even blends in with my curtains!

It even blends in with my curtains!

This dress was a gift from a friend of mine (Hi, Paul!) who though I’d have some fun with it.

It didn’t need much, actually!

Just a snip!

Just a snip!

Whew!  Thank goodness for easy refashes!  I had cookies to bake and prezzies to wrap!  :)  I tied on the cute obi belt that came with this dress and was ready to entertain!  :)

My tree isn't pathetic.  It's just humble.  :)

My tree isn’t pathetic. It’s just humble. :)

I spent my Christmas Eve with these two sweet fellas!  :)

Fella & Son!  :)

Fella & Son! :)

Spock loves Christmas, too!  :)

Spock loves Christmas, too! :)

So, while the cookies turned into malformed blobs and the weather outside was frightful(ly rainy), we had a terrific time watching movies, playing video games, and nomming on tasty snacks!  :)

style=”display:inline-block;width:336px;height:280px”
data-ad-client=”ca-pub-5202441266816777″
data-ad-slot=”9369005640″>

12 Comments on Merry Christmas Eve!

1. Michelle Swetland
    December 25, 2012 at 4:11 pm (1 year ago)

Love love love your blog! Keep up the good wrk and Merry Christmas and Happy New year!

2. Ferren
    December 25, 2012 at 6:05 pm (1 year ago)

What a sweet pic with ur fella, he looks like he is holding his favorite present :) love ur blog, merry Christmas!

3. lialou
    December 26, 2012 at 12:22 pm (1 year ago)

What a fun color for Christmas. As always, making cute stuff from the ‘not so cute’ stuff. Looking forward to what you have in store for 2013. Merry Christmas!

4. jenny_o
    December 26, 2012 at 4:02 pm (1 year ago)

Turned out beautifully … hope your holidays are peaceful and fun!

5. lizard100
    December 26, 2012 at 5:55 pm (1 year ago)

Hey Refashionista, merry Christmas from The Netherlands. Quick question: have you had any experience of dying cotton ‘dry clean only’ fabric? I’ve got a coat that badly needs a new colour.

December 30, 2012 at 10:11 pm (1 year ago)

Thank you! :) I’ve dyed pllllenty of “Dry Clean Only” stuff, and it will probably work out fine. Just don’t dye it any longer than you have to, or any hotter than you have to. It COULD shrink up, and you COULD end up messing up the finish of the fabric, but if you’re not wearing the coat anyways…go for it! :)

• lizard100
        January 1, 2013 at 11:59 am (1 year ago)

That’s exactly what I was thinking! Right, soon as I get home from Scotland I’m going for it with burlesque red! Can’t wait! I dyed five items last week and was dead pleased with the results. Happy New Year!

• lizard100
          January 3, 2013 at 4:20 pm (1 year ago)

So I did it! Thought it had come out too dark as its still very wet. Couldn’t wait so I ironed one corner! It’s good! And it’s still slightly glossy as it was so no harm done! Inspired by you!

January 3, 2013 at 4:30 pm (1 year ago)

AWESOME! So glad it worked out! Yeah, sometimes the finish of the fabric changes after being soaked, but sometimes it works just fine! :)

6. Deborah Stoops
    January 3, 2013 at 12:52 am (1 year ago)

Great!

7. pam
    February 21, 2013 at 5:27 pm (1 year ago)

Love your blog! Just teaching myself to sew and you’re inspiring. I was wondering….do you really just chop the bottoms off dresses and get a staight hem?

February 22, 2013 at 4:54 pm (1 year ago)

Yay! :) Yup…it’s pretty easy! :)