Happy St. Pat’s Vol. 2!

Wannabe Wednesday: One Swell Copycat
Happy St. Pat’s!

I hate ruffly tshirts.  There!  I said it!  So, when I found this top for $1, I had no intention of leaving it as-is!

Meh!

Meh!

I celebrated St. Patrick’s Day on Saturday, but technically it fell on a Sunday.  I couldn’t very well not celebrate on the correct day as well, now could I?  I liked the color of this top, but those ruffles had to go!

Snnnnip!

Snnnnip!

I used the fabric from the ruffles to make the halter straps for my previous refashion.  :)

I took my new top in about 1″ on each side…

Whirrr!

Whirrr!

…but thought it could still use a little something.  I reached for a shoulder pad from the day before.

Hmmmnnn...what can I do with you?

Hmmmnnn…what can I do with you?

I cut it open and ripped out the foam.

Rrrrip!

Rrrrip!

I stitched down the raw edge at the top, pinned it to my new tank, and stitched it down.

Do you see where I'm going here?

Do you see where I’m going here?

It's a POCKET!!! :D

It’s a POCKET!!! :D

And just like that, my new top was ready for a day of excessive merriment in Charleston, SC!

Just Chillin' at the Battery!

Just Chillin’ at the Battery!

Hi Dan!

Hi Dan!

IMAG0671

That’s a clear Bloody Mary, Folks!

IMAG0674

NOM!

IMAG0683 IMAG0681 IMAG0680 IMAG0669

DSC_0748

Accessories are very important!

IMAG0686

IMAG0687

DSC_0770

Mmmmmm! Duck Pot Pie! :)

IMAG0688 DSC_0780 DSC_0775 DSC_0774 DSC_0764 DSC_0763

PicMonkey Collage

Wannabe Wednesday: One Swell Copycat
Happy St. Pat’s!

32 Comments on Happy St. Pat’s Vol. 2!

• April
      March 19, 2013 at 9:47 am (2 years ago)

Me too!

March 19, 2013 at 4:06 pm (2 years ago)

I’m glad you guys like ‘em! Lots of people have asked for them, and I think they’re REALLY helpful for Pinterest users too! :)

1. Carlee
    March 19, 2013 at 8:48 am (2 years ago)

What a good idea for a pocket! I can’t believe you are so lucky to get to wear no sleeves right now while I am up here in Niagara wearing a winter jacket and many layers. :(

• Karlee
      March 19, 2013 at 11:55 am (2 years ago)

What an adorable name you have!

2. firstmute
    March 19, 2013 at 9:01 am (2 years ago)

Ugh, ruffly t-shirts are the worst. They just look so sad, somehow, and the ruffles are never flattering or well drafted. Much better

3. lonichol
    March 19, 2013 at 9:15 am (2 years ago)

What happened to your lovely gent, no pics lately? :/. Hope all is well x

4. Racheljacobsoncasper
    March 19, 2013 at 10:56 am (2 years ago)

Hi there. Love love love your refashions, and I have learned a ton from you!! Thank you so much for that!

Question-I now love dyeing as part of my own refashions. However, what to do with the (often) white thread that doesn’t take on the color? I have even resorted to coloring the visible threads with a sharpie!?! I am not usually a fan of the contrastie (I know that isn’t really a word :-/) thread that results. Is there a solution?

Love, Rachel

Sent from my iPhone

March 21, 2013 at 5:19 pm (2 years ago)

I actually like the contrast, so I always leave it. The sharpie idea is a good one though, and they DO make loads of different colored ones (I used to work at Staples, so I’m kind of an expert). :)

5. Karlee
    March 19, 2013 at 11:54 am (2 years ago)

What were you eating? That looks good!

6. Ashley Bee
    March 19, 2013 at 12:22 pm (2 years ago)

That shirt was ALMOST cute as-is, but as per usual you made it cuter ;)

7. Karo
    March 19, 2013 at 12:49 pm (2 years ago)

Although I check out your blog every single day, I never dared to comment. And now it’s not even a comment solely dedicated to your refashion (lovely as always, by the way). BUT THESE SHOES!!!!! *woaaaah* I’m deeeeeeeply in love with them, love at first sight!

8. Michelle Swetland
    March 19, 2013 at 3:23 pm (2 years ago)

Love the re-fash, but what the heck is a clear Bloody Mary? Straight Vodka? Lol! Btw do you have any plus size friends that maybe you could do a re- fash for?

March 19, 2013 at 4:04 pm (2 years ago)

The clear bloody mary is CRAZY. It tastes just like a regular bloody mary, but all the color is filtered out. I’m not making this up! It’s insane!

• Karlee
        March 20, 2013 at 2:50 pm (2 years ago)

What is the dish in the picture titled Nom?

• Karlee
      March 20, 2013 at 2:46 pm (2 years ago)

I was thinking about this a few days ago. As much as I love this blog, let’s be real, the girl could look good in a burlap sack.. It is also a lot easier for her to find clothes that are bigger because she is so small.. I thought about starting a blog like hers for size 12 and up…

• Heather
        March 20, 2013 at 3:01 pm (2 years ago)

Please do!

• karleeque
          March 20, 2013 at 3:16 pm (2 years ago)

That might be the push I needed.. I will keep you informed…

• Dee
        March 20, 2013 at 4:37 pm (2 years ago)

Oh, yes! yes! Please do!!!

9. 2momma2
    March 19, 2013 at 5:27 pm (2 years ago)

I was going to ask about the Bloody too! I was a little afraid I was missing a joke about the glass being empty or something and I just couldn’t see it on my phone! :) So strange!

10. Gina
    March 19, 2013 at 5:46 pm (2 years ago)

You could do a refashioned and a restaurant/ pub review and a local “What’s happening” in my town blot all in one. Just get the perks that come with the exposure!!!!!

11. Maureen R.
    March 19, 2013 at 5:54 pm (2 years ago)

Can’t say that I agree with you about the ruffles (I absolutely love ruffles!) but the shirt is too cute, especially on you! :)

12. Emi
    March 19, 2013 at 8:57 pm (2 years ago)

Okay, here I must admit my deep, abiding love for ruffles. And bows; I love bows. That shirt is a gorgeous shade of green. Ingenious use of a shoulder pad, and it turned out super cute!

13. Els
    March 20, 2013 at 3:40 am (2 years ago)

I like the top minus the pocket.

14. Brittani
    March 20, 2013 at 8:51 am (2 years ago)

You have inspired me to do something I have wanted to do for years, which is buy a swing machine and learn how to sew!! Thank you so much! I can’t wait till I get good enough to try out some refashions!!!

15. Robyn Beach
    March 21, 2013 at 3:33 am (2 years ago)

I just started reading your blog, went through the whole thing in the last three days. Its amazing. I’ve only just started learning to sew things. So far Im only good at fleece hats though. I like what you do with a lot of the clothing you refashion, but personally could never wear any of it :( I am not shaped right at all. So I’ve been trying to figure out how to fix things up to fit me better since I am an avid goodwill shopper! Anyways, love your blog and cant wait to read more!

16. Willi
    March 22, 2013 at 4:36 pm (2 years ago)

LOL I just love how disappointed you look in the before pictures. It is too too hilarious. Also, I’ve seen a lot of photos of you and Dan lately…hrmmmm. ;-)

17. Brittany Dodgen
    March 23, 2013 at 12:13 am (2 years ago)

omg, i was in charleston this weekend. my husband and i were walking down the street and we passed a girl and i was like “where do i know her from?!” i’ve been racking my brain and guess what … it was you!! haha i love how i felt like i knew you from the interwebzz. :)

18. Hem Curtains
    March 28, 2013 at 9:31 am (2 years ago)

What a lovely food. hahaha