One Dress, Three Ways!

One Dress, Three Ways II !
Toga! Toga! Toga!

I’m back to my old blog theme, everybody!  I tried the new look and just didn’t like it very much.  I thought it was too fragmented, a bit clunky, and kind of generic-looking.  :/  I’m keeping the rad chevron pattern and making other tweaks, but it looks like the old style is here to stay (at least for a little while)!

I do want to try something new, though!  :)  You’re all used to me taking a dress and refashioning it.  But what if I did multiple refashes of the same dress???

whoa-thumb

That’s right, Keanu!

beforebefore

This dress is a perfect blank canvas for me to play with!  I think it’s supposed to be part of a store-bought Halloween costume.  Look at the tacky velcro neck closure!

Tacky!

Tacky!

For this refashion, all I had to do was pull my arms through the neck hole, tucking in the velcro neck, like so:

See?

See?

Then, I wrapped the sleeves behind me like so:

Almost done!

Almost done!

Then I tied the sleeves in front of me!  What do you think?

Dress #1!

Dress #1!

I wore my new dress (the first of three!) for a delicious pre-movie dinner at Villa Tronco!

Serious NOMmage!

Serious NOMmage!

Serious drinkage!

Serious drinkage!

After my tasty meal, I headed to the Nickelodeon  for a special showing of Battle Royale!

Check out the trailer here!

Check out the trailer here!

I spent the evening with some awesome people!

Thanks for the pic, Amanda Walczesky Danielson!

Thanks for the pic, Amanda Walczesky Danielson!

Here's Amanda now! :)

Here’s Amanda now! :)

Sold out!!!

Sold out!!!

Hey, Kevin!

Hey, Kevin!

Meet Marques, the event's organizer!

Meet Marques, the event’s organizer!

Fishies!

Fishies!

I wonder what I’m going to do for the next two refashes of this dress!  Stay tuned!

ba61713

One Dress, Three Ways II !
Toga! Toga! Toga!

20 Comments on One Dress, Three Ways!

1. Danielle
    June 17, 2013 at 6:18 pm (1 year ago)

I can’t wait to see what else you do with it!

2. Willow
    June 17, 2013 at 6:21 pm (1 year ago)

This looked really cute. Love the head scarf too. I’d be scared the ting would come untied though. How did the back look I wonder…

3. Natalie
    June 17, 2013 at 6:32 pm (1 year ago)

So glad the rate it stars are back!

4. Terrill taylor
    June 17, 2013 at 6:59 pm (1 year ago)

It’s not just your talented refashions, it’s that YOU make EVERYTHING look good!! You are tiny and adorable and make them look good. On me??? Even if I copy your every move, mine NEVER look as good as yours!!! I can’t wait for another “fix” from you, I would PAY for you to do the 365 day thing again. I rushed home EVERY DAY to see it! LOVE your site! ADDICTED!

5. Clare
    June 17, 2013 at 7:23 pm (1 year ago)

I’m glad you brought back the b&w header image, that is a great picture.

6. Jo H.
    June 17, 2013 at 10:56 pm (1 year ago)

You asked “What do you think?”

I think you could wear a bran bag and still look fetching :)

And thank you for bringing back – even temporarily – your great header picture!

7. angelfairydust
    June 18, 2013 at 1:42 am (1 year ago)

Hiya Jillian! I love what you have done with this drab and horrible old outfit! It’s such a difference and it looks great on you! You really suit brown!!
    I have changed up my website and added some things if you want to have a look :)

Let me know what you think!
    I love your new ish old design! It looks great. Just a shame about all the adverts on the mobile version, they’re very distracting and might put people off :(
    Take care

8. lazyfish73
    June 18, 2013 at 2:25 am (1 year ago)

1)I agree with the person telling you’d look good even with a trash bag on ;) still,great ideas!I love to read your blog :)
    2)Thank you for letting me know about the BR movie.I knew hunger games was a scandalous ripoff of the asian book,still i did not know there was also a movie.Gotta check it out!
    3)Tell your friend who’s on the left in your B/W group picture that he’s got the prettiest smile ever and that i want to have his babies ^^

• Joy in London uk
      June 18, 2013 at 5:06 pm (1 year ago)

He does have rather a cute wade from hart of Dixie kind of look doesn’t he??

9. Jennifer
    June 18, 2013 at 7:31 am (1 year ago)

I, personally, am not a fan of the make-a shirt-into-something-strapless-by-tying-the-sleeves look. To me, it still looks like shirt with the sleeves tied into something strapless. That said – I do like how you styled everything together. The headscarf, the maxi, and the shoes gives it a boho-70s vibe, which looks great.

The faces that you make in the “before” pictures are hilarious! :D

I can’t wait to see the other two stylings.

Jennifer

10. Stella Z
    June 18, 2013 at 9:07 am (1 year ago)

Yup! This theme is way better than the other one. :D
    Love the refashion too. You’re awesome! ^_^

11. Beth
    June 18, 2013 at 10:04 am (1 year ago)

WOW! That is AMAZING. I can not wait to see the next two.

12. blacklambphotography
    June 18, 2013 at 10:07 am (1 year ago)

I can’t believe how simple that transformation was, but it looks SO different!

13. Brandy
    June 18, 2013 at 12:13 pm (1 year ago)

I cannot wait to see the other two refashions. You do such amazing refashions. Some are so simple, buy yet elegant. I would have never gave thought to do the first refashion that you did and yet it looks fantastic on you. You have great imagination and do such great refashions.

14. KayRen
    June 18, 2013 at 10:58 pm (1 year ago)

This looks beautiful! I can’t wait to see your other ideas for this dress!
    And you’ve inspired me to get into my old stuff and start refashioning! I used to do it a lot years ago, although not to the creative extent that you show in your blog. I’d almost rather refashion than look for new clothes now!! Thanks for showing us how it is done, and that it doesn’t have to be difficult, and that styles I’d love to have don’t have to be out of reach.

15. charityshopchic
    June 19, 2013 at 3:53 am (1 year ago)

Hi Jillian, I like the new look for the blog, a great mashup of your old and new styles. Your blogroll (links list) is missing from the right hand side though – the same thing happened to mine when I made some changes to my theme earlier this year and I only just noticed, and put it back!

• WordPress.com Support
      June 19, 2013 at 9:33 am (1 year ago)

Oh it’s coming back! I just want to make it look nicer by adding your logos to it. :)

June 19, 2013 at 12:43 pm (1 year ago)

Note to self: Quit accidentally logging in as WordPress support! :)

16. jasperizer
    June 19, 2013 at 4:57 am (1 year ago)

The chevron really works with the old template. Really nice!