About a month ago, a nurse friend of mine asked me to feature a few scrub refashions on this blog. She has tons of old ones that she can’t use for work anymore, but she hated to just toss them out or donate them if something else could be done.
I love a challenge!
Is TLC’s “No Scrubs” running through anyone else’s head? :)
I have no use for this scrub top, as rather than going into medicine, I chose to major in Theatre and English (a far more practical option, no?). I also had no use for this funky stain on one of the sleeves.
But where to begin? I knew I didn’t like that hospital green, so I grabbed some dye supplies!
I folded my top into a small rectangle, like so:
Then I soaked it in its dye bath for about an hour or so.
I was wanting a funky irregular dye pattern, hence the foldage. :)
After my top was dyed, rinsed, and dried, I chopped the sleeves with my pinking shears, leaving just enough fabric to sew under.
Then, I stitched the pinked edges under!
I chose a fun, graduated red thread for a nice contrast.
I think it looks quite nice!
With my armholes nicely redone, all I needed to do was take my new top in a bit!
I cut off that extra material, gave my new top a good press, and was ready to head off to the farm!
A friend of mine hosts an annual Oktoberfest party at his family’s farm. It was delightful!
I had so much fun with this refashion, that I can’t wait to try other ideas to re-do more old scrubs! :)