When I found today’s dress at one of my fave $1 thrift stores, I was stoked! Check out the amazeballs print! :)
The shoulder pads are slightly less than amazeballs,
You’re looking at a totally 80’s shoulderpadded number that desperately needs a facelift! Time for a Nip/Tuck!
First, I made a big chop!
Then, I took in the whole thing about 2″ on each side.
Pin, then Sew! :)
After cutting off the excess material, I folded the top raw edge over twice and stitched it down, leaving about a 1″ gap. This is where I’m going to insert some elastic.
After digging through my stash, I realized I was all out of elastic! Ugh! And I was soooo not in the mood to make a last-minute craft store run! :/
Then I remembered this leftover scrap from Day 315!
You shall be sacrificed!
I cut off the elastic waistband…
Why didn’t I think of this before????
I threaded the elastic through the dress’ new casing…
Then, I stitched the two ends together, as well as the 1″ gap I left to insert the elastic through.
Closing up shop!
Now that dress is ready for a fun night of Karaoke with friends! :)
From Sad to Sassy! :)
My shoes are pretty sweet, too! ;)
The PBR tall boy in her hair really ties the whole look together! ;)
Hey, LA! :)
I would love to say that my dress was the most stylish thing I saw tonight, but this simply wouldn’t be true.
This hat beats a cute dress any day! :)
It really completes my ensemble! :)
Squids are so hot right now!
The right accessories make a difference, y’all! :)
Today’s piece comes from a land down under! And yes – You’d better run. You’d better take cover! :)
What the what?!?!
You haven’t even seen the best part yet!
because removing your bloomers to go to relieve yourself is such a hassle!
I pretty much died laughing when I opened Mairi’s package. She certainly gave me quite a challenge! :)
Alright…as I’m not into Victorian Cosplay, these unmentionables were going to require a complete overhaul!
First, I reached into my dye stash and pulled out this:
They call me Mellow Yellow!
Into a nice, hot bath of dye the bloomers went!
Things are looking brighter already! :)
After a rinse & dry, I realized that dyeing this in the machine had a negative consequence. :/
I should have dyed these in the sink instead. :/
Thee good news was, not all of the lace was damaged, just the outer layer. Not a terrible thing. I went ahead and chopped it off from both legs. I went ahead and snipped off those back ties while I was at it.
I took the waist band, doubled it over, and pinned it together inside-out.
Do you see where I’m going with this yet?
A quick bit of stitchery followed.
Now those weirdo bloomers are a fun & funky shrug! :)
Perfect for a sweltering SC day! :)
Super Light & Comfy!
You’d never guess what this used to be! ;)
Thanks so much for sending this crazy thing my way, Mairi!!!! :)
Some days I honestly just don’t want to bother.
But I must soldier on! I’m so verrrrry close to the end of my 365 Day project!!!!
The print on today’s dress is lovely, but the cut and the size aren’t quite doing it for me. I wasn’t in a sewing mood, so I started playing with my new dress, and pinned it in a couple of places.
Okay…so the above pics are slightly less than informative, so let me explain what I did here. I took one of the sleeves and pinned it inside the dress to my opposite shoulder. Then I pinned it again right near my armpit (from the inside again) to make the top nice & fitted.
Now I have a lovely shoulder-baring dress for a fun evening with friends! :)
I have the right to bare arms…er…arm! ;)
She drinks a cider drink…:)