Happy St. Pat’s (observed)! I needed something green and lightweight for an 87 degree St. Pat’s in Five Points!
That print rocks my socksies off (hence my lack of socks), but the long sleeves and that frumpy neck tie thingy weren’t going to work today.
I carefully seam-ripped off the neck tie thingy and set it aside.
Then, I used a simple halter top from my closet as a template.
I traced the top of the halter top in chalk on the back of the shirt, and the back of the halter top on the front of the shirt, allowing a seam allowance, as well as an allowance for the casing where the drawstring would go. I snipped the top of the shirt off along the chalked line.
Then, I took the sides of the shirt in.
I sewed down the raw edges on the sides where my arms would go.
Then, I made a casing at the top of my halter-top-to-be.
The back of my halter top was still a raw mess, so I made quick work of closing that up as well. 🙂
All my raw edges were closed up, and my halter top was complete…almost! I took the neck tie thingy and closed up the part that was attached to the top of the original shirt.
I attached a safety pin to one end of the neck tie thingy, and threaded it through the casing of the halter top.
And that’s it! I was all set for a day of drunken revelry in the streets of 5 points!!!!
I am in love with my new halter top. It is awesome sauce! Speaking of sauce…rather, getting sauced…