Happy Birthday to meeeeeee! 🙂 Today, I hit the big 3-0! I needed something fun to wear for what I hoped would end up being a delightful evening. Unfortunately, all I had was this sad jumpsuit! :/
The previous owner had obviously pulled a Jillian and damaged one of the legs!
Yikes! This was going to need a lot of work!
First, I needed to take care of that completely blah lack of color! I tossed the jumpsuit into a nice, hot dye bath.
After the bath, I unpicked the crotch. This jumpsuit was about to become a cute & sassy dress. 🙂
I put the jumpsuit on my dress form, and pinned down my new seams for what would be my new dress.
I stitched my new seams down and then took in the sides, completely removing the side pockets (they ruined the lines of the dress).
I was so close to being done! 🙂 I wanted my new dress to be a cute cocktail numba, so I hacked off a good bit of the length.
Then I gave it a new hem. 🙂
I tried my dress on, and realized that I hated that netting at the top. Off it went!
I have to admit, I’m really quite proud of how I managed to save this one! 🙂
Sadly, I completely forgot to take any after pics while I was out and about! 🙁 Don’t fret! I had a marvelous evening! 🙂
Oh! Some of you might be interested to see the label on this freebie…