I stumbled upon this dress at a newly discovered thrift store where all clothing is 50 cents (and no..I’m not telling where it is!).
Perhaps I’m still delirious from having been a bit under the weather lately, but I liked this dress a good bit, and didn’t feel the need to change it too much. Oh..and look at the fancy shoulders!
For whatever reason, I was really digging the leopard print. However, It was too long, and a bit too big for me. No worries.
Check out these pointy pads!
They may amuse basement kitteh, but I’m not so fond of them.
I deftly trimmed off the excess fabric from the bottom.
Then, I pinned down my new hem.
Now that my new hem was pinned and prepped, I ran it through my machine.
I pressed my hem, and was almost done.
Now…the top of this dress was suuuuper blousy, but I actually liked it. I took it in a bit by adding a safety pin on the back from the inside. Seriously…you can’t tell it’s there. I know…it’s a slacker move, but I could either spend loads of time taking it in slightly, or just stick a safety pin in the waist and get the same result. This time, I went with the path of least resistance.
And here’s how it turned out!
Alright…so this wasn’t an overly dramatic transformation, but I really liked this dress a lot just as it was. Also, I bought its dark blue twin in my thrifting trip. That’s right, I will be refashioning an IDENTICAL DRESS, except for it being a dark blue, in a different way very soon. 🙂
My new dress was a fun frock for frolicking (hehe) to the Columbia Museum of Art for their new Arts and Draughts night (First Friday of every month), where I checked out some awesome bands, got another look at my dress which is still on display, and sipped a few tasty brews!