When Fella saw today’s piece, he literally lol’d, saying it looked like a bathing suit from 1910!
After doing a little research, I’m inclined to agree!
Not only is this thing way too big, and a jumper, and kind of dingy, there were also a couple of problems lurking on the back of it.
Somebody got a little over-excited about ripping out that tag!
So yeah…it doesn’t have a lot going for it…yet.
First, I decided to take care of the dinginess problem. I grabbed a box of dye…
…and added half of it little by little as I added the fabric into an old pitcher…
…until the whole thing was inside!
I boiled some water in my tea kettle, and poured it over the jumper/dye mixture and let it sit for an hour. I really like low-maintenance dyeing techniques, and this is one of my faves! It gives your piece a funky sort of tie dye look!
After the hour was up, I tossed the jumper into my washing machine for a quick rinse.
Yay! That color is looking fun & funky! 🙂 Now let’s take on those goofy lookin’ legs!
Before I started taking this piece in, I snipped out the crotch, cutting right along the seam.
I took this piece in from the back instead of the sides…mainly because I didn’t want to lose those side pockets. Hello. I’m Jillian. And I’m a pocket addict. Also, this took care of those holes at the neckline (Two Birds…One Stone!). I ended up taking it in about 6″.
I’m almost done! 🙂 I tossed my dress-to-be on my dress form inside-out and pinned down the middle. Time to finish up making those legs into a skirt!
I cut off the excess material, and was ready to toss on my fun & comfy new dress! Well…almost. It just needed one more tweak.
Now we’re ready! I wore my pretty new dress to work, where I was subjected to the dreariest and foggiest day imaginable! :/
A lot of people ask how I unwind from the stress of keeping up with my admittedly really hectic schedule. Here’s one way…
But here’s the best way!
Now for the After pics!