When I saw this $1 frock, I really fell for the huge but soft floral print. 🙂
This dress is as dated as all get out, but if you’ve been reading this blog for any time at all, you know that’s no big deal. I was about to start making my snips when I saw a bunch of these guys. 🙁
I counted five stains all over the dress. As much as I hated to do it, this dress was going to have to change its colors!
As I prepped the dye bath, I noticed that I had used the last of my big salt containers on my last dye job. Undaunted, I raided the shakers and grinders!
The fuchsia dye looked lovely in my machine. 🙂
When my dress was done with its bath, those rust stains were no longer visible. Phew! 🙂
Now it’s time to tackle that really awkward length.
In went some pins…
…and a brand new hem!
I originally planned on shortening those sleeves, but today was just a wee bit too chilly for that. I rolled them up past my elbows, and was good to go!
I’ve never been much of a pink fan, but I think some of you guys might be right…it does seem to be a nice color for my hair color and skin tone. 🙂
My new dress is frightfully similar to this Lilly Pulitzer number that sells for $105.
Of course mine cost one teensy dollar and half a packet of dye. 😉