When I was given this dress from Revente’s Last Call, I immediately noticed there was something missing!
Somehow the drawstring for the top of this maxi dress had lost its way! Yikes! :/
I really didn’t like the color of this dress, the black bottom, or the length (I’m kind of over maxi dresses). :/ Luckily, I knew just what this dress needed!
First, I made a couple of cuts!
I took the top two pieces and put them in a dye bath with some leftover fuchsia dye!
After the two pieces were dyed & dried, I worked that bottom scrap through the drawstring casing. This was made extremely easy, thanks to a new toy I picked up at the fabric store! This little guy makes pulling fabric through casings a breeze!
Now that dress is fierce in fuchsia with a fun new length! 🙂
It was a tad chilly out, so I tossed on a simple cardi to keep my arms and shoulders nice and warm!
I wore my new dress to Mellow Mushroom for a tasty brewski and early dinner with Marty. 🙂