I’m sure you guys remember when I cut into this piece from Day 269.
And hopefully some of you remember when I refashioned the top part of this dress from Day 142…
I really loved the fabric on both of these pieces, so I decided to make like Mary Shelley and create a Frankentop! 🙂
First, I trimmed the bottom of the piece from Day 142 to match the width of the top of what would soon be my new top. I left a bit of a seam allowance so I could sew it back up and still have it match the top.
Then, I pinned this fabric tube to the top of the dress from Day 269.
Then, I stitched it all together!
There was no need to hem the bottom of this one, as I was using a scrap that already had a hem in place, so I was good to go!