For today’s refashion, I took one of my fella’s button up shirts that had somehow developed an oddball stain on the pocket.
We both tried getting this weirdo stain out, but it wouldn’t budge. Fella reluctantly agreed to let me use it for my own purposes. 🙂
First, I used my seam ripper to take off the pocket.
I chopped off the neck area.
Then, I threw it on my dress form, pinning it on the sides to where it would fit my hips. Yep…I’m going for a nice, lightweight summer skirt!
I pinned my new skirt on the sides, making an A-line shape.
I ran each side through my machine and trimmed off the excess material.
Then, I rolled the top over and pinned it.
I sewed the new hem in place.
I pressed my new skirt, and was done! Now I have a sweet summer skirt for these 100+ degree days!
On a side note, I would like to thank everyone for their kind words and well-wishes yesterday. Your support meant more to me than you might know. Thank you. 🙂