The other day, I woke up, took a shower, and then donned my refashion for the day.
Just one problem…It was a little chilly out, and my arms were NOT going to be happy as-is.
Time to take this dress from short sleeved to long sleeved!
I began with removing these guys.
Then I made a chop.
That bottom scrap is about to become my new sleeves!
I cut that bottom part open.
I cut one sleeve out, making sure it was the same width at the bottom of the short sleeve (plus seam allowance).
Then I used that sleeve as a guide for the second sleeve.
Then, I pinned and stitched a seam down the length of each future sleeve.
I pinned my sleeves into the existing sleeves.
Yes…I could have used my seam ripper to remove the existing sleeves and put in completely new sleeves, but I thought this would look more interesting.
I kind of like it when you can see the story behind my refashions. 🙂
I stitched my new sleeves in, using two rows of stitches.
When I was done adding my sleevage, I still wasn’t quite happy with the fit of my frock, so I took it in just a bit.
I stitched each side down, and then gave my new dress a new hem!
My new dress had a great day at the Soda City Farmer’s Market!
It was a lovely day!
So…for all of you who have been asking me to show you how to add on sleeves…here’s one way!